Acacia Mangium Trial Data
Trial site: GP Samarakan
Seed lot: GP SPA 1081
Species: Acacia mangium
Treatment: 3000±100 seeds
Tray: BCC multi-cell growing tray
Date Sown: 4 November 2010
Treatment: 1 Control and 16 treatments
- Control: Agroblen 10-26-10+2.5MgO+TE at 10kg/m3
- SK Cote: SK Cote Plus 13-26-8+0.8MgO+TE
- 0% uncoated at 5, 10, 15 and 20kg/m3 (T1, T2, T3 and T4)
- 10% uncoated at 5, 10, 15 and 20kg/m3 (T5, T6, T7 and T8)
- 20% uncoated at 5, 10, 15 and 20kg/m3 (T9, T10, T11 and T12)
- 30% uncoated at 5, 10, 15 and 20kg/m3 (T13, T14, T15 and T16)
- 1st grading at 9-10 weeks
- 2nd grading at 13-14 weeks
- Ready 1: >25cm in height, >4 phyllodes, root collar diameter >3mm
- Ready 2: >20cm in height, >4 phyllodes, root collar diameter >3mm
- Delays: <20cm in height, <4 phyllodes, root collar diameter <3mm
- Culls: <10cm in height, disease ridden or dead
Data collected as follows.
- Rates that performed better than control were 5 and 10kg/m3 for all uncoated levels.
- Almost all of SK Cote had better average height than control.
- Best performance was of SK Cote at 20% uncoated level and 10kg/m3 rate. The total output was significantly higher and the average height was higher too. It was also noted that a higher percentage of output was achieved at the first grading compared to control.